Explore Florida’s State Parks With New App!
Florida State Parks recently announced the new FREE mobile application to not only locate State Parks close by, but learn more about the park, download trail guides, use GPS features and much more. The article included on this page is provided by the Florida Department of Environmental Protection, and describes the new Florida State Park mobile app in greater detail. This new tool is truly a “must have” app for anyone seeking to explore our State Parks and all the Florida nature they protect.
Florida visitors and residents alike should take advantage of this great new tool to explore Florida nature and the many unique species which call Florida home. Outdoor enthusiasts can now explore Florida nature like never before in an environmentally friendly way without the need for printed maps and guides. Users can locate nearby parks and choose one of interest based on a comprehensive list of activities The new app’s GPS Map technology allows users to track trails, mark way-points, and locate landmarks in Florida State Parks. Other interactive features help to guide users through the parks and keep them informed on items of interest.
To download the state park mobile app directly without navigating through you app store, you can jump to the source with the links below. You can also select the app store from your smart device and search for “Official Florida State Parks”.
Note: Florida joins more than 20 other states with this new app. Visitors to other states should take a moment to explore available apps to see if one is available for their state of interest as well. To explore the other state park guides on Google Play Store, follow this link: ParksByNature Network LLC State Parks Guides.
|State Park Mobile App for Apple||State Park Mobile App for Android|
|Click link or scan QR code above||Click link or scan QR code above|
Read the official Florida State Park mobile app release information provided by Florida Department of Environmental Protection below for additional details about this recent release.
FREE FLORIDA STATE PARKS MOBILE APP NOW AVAILABLE
Florida Department of Environmental Protection sent this bulletin at 02/12/2013 01:17 PM EST
Highlights of the new Florida State Park mobile app features include the following:
- Advanced GPS Maps, which allow users to access trail data, record tracks from hikes, runs, or bike rides, and view elapsed time and distance traveled.
- Easy-to-cache GPS Terrain Map tiles, which ensure that navigation remains possible in the event of lost mobile reception.
- Photo waypoint feature allowing users to snap a photo and mark and record the coordinates of plant life, animal species or landscape views.
- Post or share these remarkable finds with family and friends with the click of a button.
- Friend Finder feature that allows users to keep track of friends and family around the parks.
- Built-in compass to help direct users through the parks.
- Potentially life-saving Alert feature that supplies users’ GPS coordinates to designated contacts in case of an emergency.
- Thorough information on all State Parks including general policy, contact information, activities, trails, park maps and much more.
- Detailed, cacheable maps of park facilities, trails and campgrounds.
- Up-to-date news and information on park advisories and weather information.
- Sharing features that allow users to share current positions, waypoints and recorded tracks via Facebook, Twitter, or email.
- A Calendar of Events, updated in real time, listing all State Park events with the ability to filter by desired park. Users can also create their own schedule that can include any event from any park.
- Access to online reservations that make it easy to secure overnight visits.